The Macap M4 is a better choice for most home users that just want an espresso grinder. The Macap M4 doser is considerably neater than the Mazzer’s.
From a grind perspective these are both very good home espresso grinders and they use a similar grinding mechanism. It’s very difficult to notice any perceptible difference in the cup. So for our purposes it’s everything besides the grind that matters.
Why you might want a Mazzer:
– It’s very fast to switch from espresso grind to french press. Grab the pin and turn the top.
– It’s a Mazzer.
– It’s easier to see the reference numbers on the grind adjustment mechanism.
Why you might want a Macap M4 Stepless
– The doser is far neater. There is less distance between the doser and the handle holder, this makes it easier to keep all the coffee going in the handle.
– It’s easier to make micro-adjustments to the grind. If you just want an espresso grinder this is great.
– The cord comes out of the bottom of the machine. Many users report this as a huge feature vs the more commercial design of the Mazzer.
– It’s a few dollars cheaper if you’re buying brand new.